Thursday, January 25, 2007

The value of friendship

My friend Kim...sent me this this morning...
"Sheena
Your blog was absolutely wonderful. I cried all the way through Over the Rainbow...the front of my bathrobe is wet and my coffee is cold. I was just glued to the photos of your two Earth Angels. You are truly blessed by the Creator.
I wanted to put this comment on your site but I am totally out to lunch when it comes to computers...duh.
Our friendship has been long and strong since our first meeting at Sault College in September 1979. Several years may pass without seeing each other but you are always in my thoughts and prayers. When we do get together and look into each others face it is like only a day has passed. True friendship is hard to find and I know that ours is one that will live on forever.
If there is someway you would like to put my comments on your blog please feel free.
Hugs and Love. Kim"

Then after her email..I had this email from the site sparkpeople.com
We all have a handful of acquaintances--those people with whom we work or see at the store and casually say hello to and move on. But a friend is someone you confide in, bring over for an afternoon cup of coffee, invite to your wedding, or cry with when a loved one passes away. You just feel a sense of safety with a friend. Don't wait until a rainy day to express how much a good friend means to you. Often we are unaware of how much we mean to others until they speak up, and likewise we never know how much another person might truly need to hear such affirmations. An approving, cheerful word of encouragement can thrill a heart. Be sure to always say kind words before you part, show sympathy during hard times and affection during wonderful ones. Life would not be the same without positive friendships. Express your gratitude to someone today who has made a difference in your world!

If you have one true friend you have more than your share. - Thomas Fuller, English clergyman & historian
I consider myself very rich....because I have many true friends.

No comments: